Donate to CDF

Thank you for considering making a donation to the Cyclists’ Defence Fund.

CDF supports cyclists’ legal challenges and works to improve knowledge and understanding of the law as it relates to cycling. Much of the support we give to cyclists in need is dependent on donations from individuals.

Please help us to keep fighting for the rights of cyclists by donating.

Donate via JustGiving

You can give a single donation to CDF or set up a monthly direct debit using JustGiving.

Click on this link to make a donation to the Cyclists Defence Fund

Raise money through sponsorship

You can also use JustGiving to set up your own fundraising page and raise money for CDF through sponsorship.

Click on the purple button on the left of this page to find out how to do this.

Donate by text message

Text BIKE 38 followed by the value, e.g. BIKE 38 £10, to 70070

(We will not use your phone number to call you)

By post

Make cheques payable to The Cyclists’ Defence Fund (please do not make cheques payable to CTC), and send to:

The Cyclists’ Defence Fund
c/o CTC, Parklands
Railton Road

If you are donating in response to an appeal, please include a note in the envelope with your cheque saying which appeal.

By Phone

You can make a donation over the phone.
Please make it very clear that you are making a donation to the Cyclists Defence Fund

Telephone number: 0870 873 0061

Via Gift Aid

Gift Aid enables us to reclaim the basic rate tax you pay as a UK taxpayer. That means an extra 25p for every £1 you give! All that is required is a one off declaration from you that can be made by post, email or fax and we’ll do the rest.

For CDF to claim Gift Aid on your donation, download the Gift Aid form and send it in with your donation.

In April 2000, the Gift Aid scheme was extended to apply to any donation of any value, regular or one off, allowing charities to claim tax relief at the basic rate on donations made by individuals. The Cyclists’ Defence Fund can re-claim tax at a ‘basic rate’ of 25%.

N.B.: you must have paid an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that we will reclaim on your donation in the tax year that your gift is received.

If you pay tax at the higher rate you are entitled to claim further tax relief in your annual self assessment tax return. You can also choose to donate the additional money you save to us.

Should your circumstances change or you no longer wish to subscribe to the scheme, then you can cancel your declaration at any time either by phone or in writing.

If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, then please contact the Inland Revenue directly by phone on their Gift Aid help line 0845 302 0203 or online at

Support our appeal